Saturday, May 19, 2007

Rain

How 'bout them Mets? They beat the Yankees 3-2. The Boston Red Sox now lead the AL East by 10 games, over Baltimore and New York, who are both virtually tied.

The Sox were rained out again Friday, meaning a double header (second in three days...) with the Braves Saturday.

Diasuke goes in game one against Lerew, who I've never heard of. Apparently he has two starts at the major league level, one of which he got killed by the Pirates. Devon Hansack going game two against Smoltz. Interesting decision on the Sox part, not saving Diasuke till the Smoltz game. I think they probably should have. Way I see it is, the Red Sox have the better team, so why give the Braves a pitching advantage. Hansack Lerew would be a wash. I'd predict the better team would win. Though you have to give the advantage to Smoltz, Diasuke would be a better matchup, and I think the Red Sox offensively could more than even the disadvantage. Though what do I know? I rarely if ever watch an NL game, so I'm just assuming the Braves aren't as good as the Red Sox.

Sunday gets tricky. The Red Sox go to Yankee Stadium right after the Braves series, and for the first time EVER, they're actually preparing for it. Tim Wakefield should go Sunday, but rumor has it Terry's gonna hold him back a day to pitch against the Yankees. They've never done this. In the olden days, they'd have Pedro pitch against the Devil Rays and then have Pat Rapp get his butt kicked by New York the next night. So whose starting Sunday? Apparently according to redsox.com, Kason Gabbard, whose currently on the Pawtucket Roster. I guess they're gonna deactivate someone after Saturday's game. Tim Hudson's pitching for Atlanta. So yeah, Braves have the rotation advantage, but since it's at Fenway, I'm saying the Red Sox take two out of three.

No comments: