Tuesday, May 8, 2007

PNC Park

PNC Park: Is it really one of the top 5 current MLB ballparks or do people just say that so that the Pirates have SOMETHING to brag about concerning their current team?

Since I've been to very few ballparks, I can't really answer this question. But I have been to PNC Park dozens of times. Here are a few thoughts on the topic:

PNC Park is one of two stadiums in the world to serve Primanti Bros. sandwiches. (The other, of course, is Heinz Field.) This is evidence of superior food choices. Laura, I emplore you to seek out a Primanti Bros. sandwich while in Pittsburgh, especially while at the ballpark.

There are no bad seats. The worst seats in the house are the $9-10 seats that are really high and all the way down the base line. But even these aren't bad value. No matter where you are, you have a great view and feel close to the action.

I have sat in practically every area and level at PNC Park and my favorite place to sit is the OUTFIELD. You get a chance at homerun balls. And you can yell at the center fielders. You get to sit really really close to the field for just $17. The only disadvantage of outfield seats is that you don't get to enjoy one of PNC Park's biggest draws...

...The skyline is absolutely amazing. It is a beautiful sight, possibly the best view from any Major League ballpark.

Finally, the greatest between-inning entertainment in all of baseball:

The Pittsburgh Pirogi Race! Screw Milwaukee and their freaking Sausage Race; the Pirogi Race is where it is at. I personally cheer for Oliver Onion.

So I really don't know where PNC Park should be placed when ranking MLB ballparks. I can say it's my favorite stadium that I've ever been to in any sport. (Second, of course, would be the Martins Ferry High School football stadium.) Have fun this Sunday, Laura, and GO BUCS! Hopefully we can be competitive, for your sake.

2 comments:

JohnFromBoston said...

I got the summer pretty much free. I wouldn't mind checking out PNC Park...

Mrs. Utley???? said...

we're getting tickets once we get there. no danger of them selling out, right?