Sunday, May 6, 2007

Done in May??

This is such a foreign feeling anymore, but I can't help but feel that we are done and it is just the beginning of May. The Cards may have taken 2 of 3 from Houston, but now that Carpenter is down for at least 3 months and there are still no signs that we will ever score more than about 10 runs a week, it is starting to feel hopeless.

My stupid Cub-fan roommate keeps making references to "welcome to the done by May club" and so on...I kept thinking as long as Carp comes back we'll be right there...Albert will carry us...the central is weak...none of that is working anymore. It looks like a long, dismal season.

I hope I can look back at this in 4 months and laugh, eat crow and rejoice over another playoff appearance, but as of now I am predicting 4th place. Wow, that hurts to say.

1 comment:

JohnFromBoston said...

A little early to be giving up in May. However, interestingly enough, since the start of the new millenium, only 50% of the time have the defending World Champions qualify for the post season.

I assume last millenium was a lot worse cause for the majority of it, there were only two playoff spots...