Thursday, April 19, 2007

Score some runs, please!

Now we have to rely on our pitchers not only to pitch well, but to provide all our runs too. Kip Wells was our only offense in our fourth straight loss. I hate coming back from a few days without internet to discover a losing streak...what's up with this streaky-ness anyway? 1-4, then 5-1, now 0-4 and counting...and worst is that Pujols is still hitting below .200. I remember sometime a year ago or something hearing that there is only one or two months in his career where he had hit below .300, which is pretty ridiculous, but it looks like another one is coming up fast here. Terrible.

I am starting to wonder if we will win 75 games, let alone be in any kind of contention (although in the back of my mind I know even 75 might put a team in contention in this division) and with no bats and a shaky (at best) rotation I fear that may be right. Albert, please start hitting.

Congratulations to Mark Buehrle on his no-hitter...I'm still sad he resigned with the Sox and not the Cards a couple years back.

Congratulations as well to A-Rod on his hot start...everyone may hate him, but at least maybe his own fans will get off his back.

1 comment:

thempirates said...

1. Kip Wells can rip some baseballs. As a Pirate he hit one of the longer HRs I've seen at PNC Park past center field into the garden.

2. I too am happy for A-Rod. The guy might break Barry Bond's soon-to-be-new HR record and Yankee fans think he's their problem. Wow.