Sunday, April 15, 2007

Only on Sundays

After another 10 run output today it seems the Cardinals can only score runs on Sundays. They now have two 10 run outputs--their two sun. games. It is always great to get those games where everything seems to go well, but frankly I don't have much confidence in our lineup on a day-to-day basis. Especially when Albert is in a slump. These are the only two games he's homered and also the only two games they have scored more than 4 runs. Not good. Thankfully they have been pitching well, better than I thought, actually.
Maybe it is just because I see them every day and know the limitations of each player, but what do you think of this lineup...other than Albert is there anything even remotely scary or dangerous about it?...

1) SS David Eckstein
2) LF Chris Duncan (except against lhp)
3) 1B Pujols
4) 3B Scott Rolen
5) CF Jim Edmonds
6) RF Preston Wilson/Juan Encarnacion
7) C Yadier Molina
8) 2B Adam Kennedy

Ok, when Rolen is healthy he can be pretty good, but it seems like awhile since we've seen that...same for Jimmy--I don't think that's coming back, his age caught him--too many walls and falls for Sportscenter. I guess part of it is I'm not convinced Duncan can hit for a whole season and know Preston and Juan are too streaky and undependable.

If we start hitting a little bit maybe my tune will change, but when Pujols isn't hitting I don't see much hope of scoring more than a couple runs. At least we got our first home win in 5 tries.

1 comment:

Mrs. Utley???? said...

well... you know how i feel about scott rolen...