Sunday, April 15, 2007

David Weathers terrifies me.

Kyle Lohse is dismantling the Cubs today, mowing them down, getting K after K after K. So what does Narron do in the bottom of the ninth, with the Reds clinging to a 1-0 lead? Takes out Lohse. After Mike Stanton gets the first batter, lefty Jacque Jones, out, Narron brings in Weathers, who proceeds to throw 6 straight balls, walking Derek Lee and giving Michael Barrett a 2-0 count. The next pitch he also puts right down the middle for his first strike. Next pitch, Barret hits about 375 feet down the line and 20 feet foul. If that had been fair, I would be burning my effigy of Weathers as we speak. Fortunately, he lucked out and got the save, so I will only be venting about David Weathers. How he is 5/5 on save opportunities is beyond me. It looks like he is throwing BP out there, and the batters are so surprised that all they can do is hit a lazy fly ball. Freakin' David Weathers!

No comments: