Wednesday, April 25, 2007

99 pitches??!!

Here's me earlier today:

Tonight Maholm is on the mound. He hasn't been too great, so I don't know what to expect. I predict 5 innings, 4 runs allowed.

Just 99 pitches later, Maholm throws a three hit, one walk complete game shutout gem. This is the kind of prediction that I love to see proved wrong.

Seriously, 99 pitches?? That's barely over three pitches per batter!

Last week, Mark Buerhle threw the first no-hitter of the year, facing the minimum twenty-seven batters, and still threw 106 pitches. Maholm somehow managed to go seven less. Incredible.

La New Guy Update: LaNewGuy went 0-4 today. Starting every single game, he has a total of six hits. The Pirate starting pitchers? Also 6 hits. Except they have only had 34 at bats, while LaNewGuy has has 61 at-bats.

That's right: LaNewGuy should be hitting ninth, right after the pitchers. I say do what ever it takes to get him into gear.

6-34

6-61

No comments: