Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Pirates are bad at hitting.

Hopefully this tiny flaw won't stop us from achieving a winning record this season.

Tonight's lineup!
CF Duffy
SS Wilson
2B Sanchez
LF Bay
RF Nady
1B The New Guy
C Paulino
3B Bautista
P Gorzalanny

Gorzalanny was great in his first start against the Astros. I don't believe he will be anywhere near consistent this season, so I'm not expecting him to last long tonight.

The New Guy has been moved from fourth to seventh in the order because he's been so pathetic at the plate so far. Unfortunately, he's not the only guy hitting badly. He's just the guy for whom the bad hitting is surprising.

I'll be listening to tonight's game on MLB.com radio. A quick review of my MLB media history this season:

Before the season opener, I bought a month of MLB.tv with a free five-day trial. Of course this comes with MLB radio as well. It turned out that I can't watch Pirates games on MLB.tv because of blackout restrictions, even though I am not in a Pittsburgh or Houston TV area. So I sent an e-mail to cancel MLB.tv before the five days were up. The MLB radio is still working, well after the five days are up. I am not sure what the deal with this is. I suppose they will eventually charge me or stop giving me radio broadcasts.

Go Bucs!

UPDATE: In the bottom of the first, The New Guy was at the plate with the bases loaded. Result? Fly out to center field. That's why he's The New Guy. Following the typical Pirates way, we will collect three hits for the rest of the night.

No comments: