Saturday, April 7, 2007

First Post From Boston

So I'm back in Boston right now. It's pretty much the greatest city in history.

Anyway, first, about Diasuke. I saw the top of the first and two Royal batters in the bottom of the first. I was not impressed. He looked extremely shaky. He allowed a lead off base hit and got a fielders choice before really slowing down the pace and taking forever between pitches. He looked a bit out of place. However, after my class I raced back to my room, turned on the TV and it was 2-1 Sox with Diasuke pitching in the 6th. And he was going strong too. He was making Kansas City hitters look foolish. I believe the line was 7 innings, 10 K's, 1 earned run, a win, and the right to have John stop writing Dice-K and start writing Diasuke (which pronounced Dice-K in case you were wondering...). Plus, in the post game show, former two time Red Sox pitcher and current Hall Of Famer Dennis Eckersly was gushing over him. I'm pretty sure the Eck is in love. He went on and on about Diasuke's command, his breaking ball, his setting up the fast ball with the breaking ball, his average fastball looking stupendous as a result of the breaking ball, the seven or so different types pitches he threw during the game, the 15 or so different types of pitches he hasn't thrown yet. So, the fact he impressed the Eck says something.

So anyway, Diasuke passes the first test. I'm still not 100% sold. Let's see him do it against the Yankees before we get carried away.

I didn't catch today's game at all, which again started at 2Pm. This is ridiculous. Friday games should start at 7 PM East Coast Time. However, I hear the Sox blew a pretty good Wakefield outing. Tim, the only person on the current team left from the '95 squad that finished ahead of the Yankees in the regular season, pitched 6 innings, let up 3 hits and only surrendered 1 run, and lost. With a line up that consists of Manny Rameriz, David Ortiz, and J.D. Drew (a combined 2-11 on the day...). Robinson Tejada went seven shut out innings for the Rangers. It's kind of dispicable.

However, there is hope!

JULIAN TAVAREZ STARTS SATURDAY against Kevin Millwood. I'm predicting Tavarez goes six, lets up three runs and gets the victory.

I'm also gonna start referring to days Tavarez starts as "automatic win day." This is probably the most serious line I've ever put in this blog as well as the most serious line I ever plan to put.

Also, I'd like to point out that if the Red Sox continue with the season as they have, they'll win the next two games and take the series. Then if they keep it up, they'll go 104-58. That's 10 games better than I predicted.

No comments: