Thursday, April 5, 2007

Red Sox Pregame Report

So today, Dice-K pitches. And yes, I type out Dice-K cause I can never remember how to actually spell his name. I'll wait till he wins a game before I bother with that.

Anyway, the game starts at 2:10 local time. I have class from 2:30-3:45, meaning I'll miss a good chunk of the game. I plan on watching the first ten minutes or so, which will probably be the Red Sox hitting, miss Dice-K's first few innings, then hopefully catch the last 4 or 5 innings.

Unfortunately, you'll have to wait until next time around the rotation to get an indepth scouting report about him. I'll give you what I see, provided I see something. I'm hoping for at least an inning or two.

I hate how Baseball always does this in April. They have early afternoon start times for games on week days. They do it in the Divisional Round of the playoff too. It drove me nuts when I was in grammar school and high school, and now it's driving me nuts in college. How are you gonna make a good deal of the population miss Dice-K's first start? Games should start at 7:00 PM on the East Coast on all week days. Unless it's Patriots Day. Then the Red Sox should play the traditional 11:15 AM game. That way, when the game gets out you get stuck in the Boston Marathon traffic and it takes an hour or two to walk three blocks to Kenmore Station. Good times.

No comments: