Friday, April 27, 2007

Oh what a night

Well, I was very much afraid of a storm, but it was a great night for baseball in Pittsburgh!!

We sat in right-center field, in the fifth row, just to the right of the "Pirates"-shaped bushes. I LOVE these seats, sitting right behind Chris Duffy and Brad Eldred.

Ian Snell was not at his best but he still managed to throw seven scoreless innings. That's not a joke; he wasn't dominating. He just got outs at the right times. Marte had a great 8th inning and Torres, although it was one of the worst successful saves I've ever seen, had a successful save.

The Pirates are now 11-10, second place in the NL central. We've won 5 in a row. Let's win the series, boys!

Gorzelanny is our man tomorrow night. Can he keep up his dominating season and get the fourth win? I think, as the season progresses, our offense will begin to rally around good starting pitching and Gorzelanny and Snell and Duke/Maholm sometimes will be racking up wins.

The radio guy had some interesting things to say about Sanchez and LaNewGuy. I'll share my thoughts on their slow starts in the next couple days.

Go Bucs!

No comments: