Wednesday, October 24, 2007

World Series

Ok, I'm gonna be honest. If I saw any Rockies games this year, they were the 3 against the Red Sox in June. I checked the blog, and I made a reference to the series here, but that was more of an "I'm against Interleague play" type post. I don't really remember any of the three games, which could be either because the Red Sox were blown out in 2 of 3 and I blocked it from my memory, or I was working those nights so I didn't catch them. So, the Rockies are an unknown. Even if I did remember anything, that's all irrevelant now, as it seems they became a completely different team this past September.

That being said, I'm gonna be honest. I truly believe the American League is exponentially better than the National League. I truly believe the Red Sox are the best team in the American League. I don't know if I believe the Rockies are the best team in the NL or just the hottest. Either way, I think the Red Sox should kill them.

I think the Beckett, Schilling and Diasuke are better than any starter the Rockies have. I'd take Manny any day of the week over Matt Holiday. I'd take Mike Lowell over Garrett Atkins. I'd take Dustin Pedroia over Kaz Matsui. I think Youkilis can hang with Helton, and even if you give the edge to Todd, I'd go ahead and take Ortiz over Helton. I'd take Varitek over Torrealba. I'd take Papelbon over anyone. In 64 less games, Ellsbury had 1 more homer, 1 less triple, and 6 less RBI than Taveras. I think it's safe to say Ellsbury is at least as good as Taveras, if not better. The only advantages I'd give Colorado are at Shortstop and Right Field.

The Red Sox should win this World Series. Losing would be the biggest upset in team history.

No comments: