Saturday, October 13, 2007

Game 1

The Red Sox dominated last night, 10-3. It wasn't even funny. Manny had another good night, making two spectacular catches in left field and knocking in three runs. Beckett was in cruise control the entire night and came out after six innings with a pitch count of 80. The announcers kept talking of him coming back on short rest to pitch game four. I'd only consider that if the Sox are down 2-1. Unlike any year previous to this in my life time, the Red Sox are the clear cut best team, so it's kinda unnecessary. Right now, at this instance, I think they can win with any of their pitchers on the mound. In '99 I would have done anything to have Pedro pitch every playoff game, because he was the one shot to win. Unlike Pedro, Beckett has help. No need to risk him getting hurt.

Schilling is on the mound tonight against Carmona. I was terrified of this matchup before the series, but something about the Red Sox winning 10-3 in game one relaxes me. I think I've been lulled into a false sense of security. We shall see tonight

No comments: