Friday, October 26, 2007

Game 2

Well, I expected a each side to score more runs, but in the grand scheme of things, the result was the same I anticipated. The Boston Red Sox are now 2 games away from winning the 2007 World Series.

Schilling pitched well. He's been spectacular this postseason, minus that game 2 start in the ALCS. I honestly didn't think he still had it in him. He went 9-8 this regular season, and he's 3-0 in the playoffs. Granted he was hurt for a good deal of the year so I don't know if he's just healthy now or if it's adrenaline from pitching in the postseason or if he's looking for a big pay day next year or whatever. Doesn't matter. It only helps the cause.

On a personal note, I watched the game at home last night. I watched the entire 2004 World Series in Amherst and game 1 this year at a friend's house, so that was the first time I watched the Red Sox play in a World Series game at my house since 1986 when I was one year old. My mom says I watched then, but I don't really remember too well...

Diasuke pitches tomorrow night. The big debate is which of the three do you sit in the NL park? Ortiz, Youkilis or Lowell. I might sit Big Papi to tell you the truth. Crazy as it sounds, Youk and Lowell are too valuable defensively and Ortiz knees hurt. Sit him game 3 and see what happens before making a decision. Plus, you could use Papi to pinch hit for Matsuzaka. I think Papi would be best at that, seeing as how being a DH is pretty much just pinch hitting four times a game anyway...

Speaking of Youkilis, Fox keeps saying he wasn't active during the 2004 World Series. Before this postseason, I had 0 respect for either Buck or McCarver, cause they both are horrible. I gained some because they were better than whoever TBS sent to cover the Boston-LA of Anaheim Series. I've lost all that respect again.

I knew Youk was active in 2004 during the series. After they won the world series, I went to redsox.com and memorized the active roster. But if you hear Buck and McCarver say he wasn't active night after night after night, you begin to doubt yourself. I tried copying and pasting a link but it doesn't work. Go to redsox.com, then go to the press releases, then to the archives and check out October 23, 2004. Interestingly enough, the Red Sox active roster for the 2004 World Series includes 20 Youkilis, Kevin. I should announce the games. I know more about the Red Sox than either of those two.

1 comment:

Cale Putnam said...

Update the damn blog...they won lol.