Friday, June 13, 2008

Boston vs Cincinnati

For the first time since the 1975 World Series, the Red Sox will play the Reds. I didn't believe it at first when I read about it on redsox.com. For as long as Interleague has been going on, it seems every team would have played all the others at least once by now. I'm not sure if this will be the final National League team for the Red Sox. Looking at the teams real quick, I don't remember them ever playing the Astros in Interleague, who are on the schedule for later this year. I'm not sure about the Nationals, though they definitely played the Expos a bunch of times. I think I remember every other team playing Boston at least once in the regular season.

This will also probably be the last series I'll blog about for at least 6 weeks. I'm going off to Alaska on Monday. I'm told they have a really good semi pro league up there...on par with the Cape Cod League we have in Massachusetts. Maybe I'll check that out and let you know about it.

UPDATE: I just checked out the webpage for the Alaska Baseball League. There are 6 teams. I'm staying in Anchorage, who apparently has two teams... the Anchorage Buccs and Anchorage Glacier Pilots. I'm going with Campus Crusade, and they have a branch known as Athletes in Action who also has a team in the league, the Fairbanks AIA Fire. Don't know who I'll root for yet. I like the name "Glacier Pilots" though...

No comments: