Wednesday, October 22, 2008

2008 World Series: Game One

PHILS!!!!!!!!!!!

The pitching was absolutely outstanding... with Hamels, Madson, and Lidge performing brilliantly.

Utley... what can I say... the offensive man of the game.

Sexy Werth... dreamy as ever with his run scored and two doubles. [Sorry... that's just what I call him.]

The Flying Hawaiian... the new Mr. October?

Pedro and Ruiz... filling in for Rollins and Howard who're doing squat.

My concern: something needs to be done about these stranded runners. Guys are getting on base only to get left there. With Cole pitching it was okay cuz he's gonna keep the other team from scoring... but what about the rest of the week...

Overall... GREAT start Phillies!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

JohnFromBoston said...

I have three friends who are Phillies fans, only one who is a Rays fan, and he didn't even know the World Series started yesterday. In all fairness, one of the Phillies fans probably didn't know, though the other two definately did. Advantage Phillies.

I'm on record as saying the Rays are hooligans. I'm not on record as saying anything about the Phillies other than questioning the "natural rivalry" with the Red Sox. Advantage: Phillies

Then we get to the clincher. Cory Matthews of Boy Meets World was a Phillies fan. How can I root against them?

Go Phillies!

Mrs. Utley???? said...

That was beautiful... thanks, John!!

And I CAN'T believe I forgot to mention two important people from last night:

First... PAT BURRELL RAN!! While he ran to first base after a little bunt-like hit and blocked Pena's view of the throw by Kazmir, Burrell RAN. I started yelling outloud, "Pat's running like the wind!! Look at him go!!!! He's never moved so fast in his life!!!!" It was a good night for Pat. He ran. Fast. For him.

Second... Chris Coste. Love the guy. Glad he got a chance to DH, even though it ended up being of little consequence. I still like him... his story... and having him on my team. I'm a fan.

thempirates said...

1 for 28 with RISP. Wow. Just wow.

JohnFromBoston said...

Well, I guess that answers the question about the rest of the week. Blanton even homered to help make up for the lack of hitting with RISP