Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Greatest Left Fielder of All Time

Read this.

Manny apparently claimed to be the best Left Fielder to play in Boston. This could be taken several ways, but most are taking it to mean he's the best Red Sox Left Fielder of all time. Arguments could be made he's calling himself the best in the MLB (nowadays with free agency and interleague play, most Left Fielders play in Boston at least 3 games...) or that's he's the best to play the Left Field Wall. By the way, he is by far the best to play the Left Field wall that I've ever seen. That's probably what he meant.

As for Red Sox history, I don't know if he's the best ever, but he's definately the best in my life time. I'd pick Manny over Jim Rice, Mike Greenwell, and Troy O'Leary.

All time, I'd say he's probably in the top three, and you could make a strong case for Ted Williams, Carl Yastremski, and Manny Rameriz.

No comments: