Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Who's on second?

Who is normally on first, if you are familiar with the comedy routine. If you are not, shame on you. It is brilliant. Read it all here. There's probably an audio version out there too, but I'm not looking for it.

So, Who is normally on first, just like Albert. But for a few innings of this afternoon's game he was actually playing second base. Crazy?
Yes.
But when all your position players have been used up but your catcher, and your shortstop injures his arm, you have to come up with something.

So, Izturis goes out.
Miles shifts from second to short.
Molina comes in at catcher.
Larue moves from catcher to first.
And Albert moves to second.
I think he ended up having to make one play in those 3-4 innings, but it was sure weird to see.

"Who's on first?"
"No, Who's on second."
"I asked who's on first."
"He's not. Who's on second."
"Fine. What's the name of the guy on second?"
"No, What's the shortstop."
"I don't give a darn!"
"Normally...he's injured."
"Who's injured?"
"No, he's not. Who's on second."
"That's what I'm asking. Are you going to tell me or not?"
"Sure. Who."
"The guy on second."
"Who."
"Nevermind. Who's on first?"
"I told you, he's at second."
"What's his name on second?"
"No, he's at short."
"Who is?"
"No, Who's on second."
"I'm not asking about him anymore! Ok...just tell me about the game today."
"Oh, he's at first."
"Who is?"
"Usually. Right now he's on second."
"Not that again!"

3 comments:

thempirates said...

No, what's on second. Who's on first.

birdsonabat said...

Sorry, I accidentally posted that before I was able to write all that. But that's exactly the point...What should be on second. And Who should be on first...but not in today's game. Today? He should be catching!

Mrs. Utley???? said...

hahahahaha... love the whole thing.