Friday, April 11, 2008

The Rivialry

Well, it begins tonight. Chien-Ming Wang vs Clay Buchholz, Mike Mussina vs Josh Beckett, Phil Hughes vs Daisuke Matsuzaka.

It's been a trend in recent memory, ever since 2002ish, to have an April series featuring the Red Sox and Yankees. I am personally against it. It seems to early for me, and its still up in the air as to who actually has the better team. I think the first weekend in May would be a great time to start. Let everyone get settled into the baseball season and whatnot, but that's just my personal opinion. The teams enter the three game series tied for second place, a half game behind the Baltimore Orioles, at 5-5.

In somewhat related news, the rivialry always gets played both on an off the field. The Yankees are building a new stadium, and I suppose the Red Sox already won the first game there...

No comments: