Tuesday, June 26, 2007

New Guy

Well, this will likely be the last post for awhile, not that I post all that often as it is...I'm heading to Korea tomorrow for the CM2007 Conference and then to India. So, pray for that as you think about it.

Last night Mike Maroth pitched his first National League game after being acquired in a trade with the Tigers and I couldn't be more pleased. He went 7 1/3 with only 2 hits, 2 walks and a run. Pretty solid against the Mets, even if they haven't been great lately. I don't expect him to pitch that well every time out, but I feel more confident having him out there than one of our many relievers thrown into the rotation.

I am excited to think that Carpenter and Mulder may be back soon...who knows how they will pitch when they do return, but if it is even close to how they should be...then there is hope of making a run in the Central. But we still have to stay close enough to be in it. And the Brewers are back to playing well.

Maybe when I get back in a month we will be healthy and in a position to be in the race. Or maybe we'll be 15 out. I wouldn't be surprised with either.

Have fun watching baseball this summer...don't take it for granted. One of the few sad things about heading overseas will be the lack of contact with baseball. Small sacrifice I suppose.

Cheers!