Wednesday, April 8, 2009

2009 Regular Season Predictions

We're 2 or so days into the season already, but I'm going to deliver my regular season predictions a little late anyway. But DON'T WORRY. I'm not going to let the current standings influence my predictions WHATSOEVER.

American League

I think the Twins, Angels, A's and Mariners will all go about .500.

I predict that the Tigers, Royals, Indians, Rays and Yankees will all go winless, 0-162.

I predict that the Blue Jays, Orioles, Red Sox, White Sox, and Rangers will all go undefeated, 162-0.

Amazingly, Boston will miss the postseason despite going undefeated and having beaten the undefeated Blue Jays and Orioles several times each.

Toronto, Chicago and Texas win the divisions. Baltimore wins the wild card.

National League

I predict that the Cubs, Astros, Pirates, Cardinals, Padres, Dodgers, Diamondbacks, and Rockies will all win about half their games.

I predict the Phillies, Nationals, Reds, and Brewers will all go winless.

The Braves, Marlins, Mets, and Giants will all go undefeated.

Braves, Pirates and Giants win their divisions. Marlins win the wild card.

Once again, let me stress that although these picks are late, I did not cheat by using the first 1 or 2 games as a gauge for the picks.