Friday, July 20, 2007

7

The Pirates are 0-7 since the all star break.

I don't know if you guys have ever experienced this, but I do every year: I now find it comical and enjoyable when my team loses. This happens once we are way out of contention and everybody on the team stops trying. (And with Jim Tracy, it's happened sooner two years in a row! I somehow miss Lloyd McClendon. At least he was genuinely passionate.)

Earlier today, I checked out the score. It was the fourth inning and we were losing 2-0. I just checked the final score. We lost 2-1, to the @#$%@#$%@$ Astros. (note: those are not edited curses, but me actually saying each of those characters out loud individually.)

So, the point is, it's fun just to see how long this losing streak will last, and the pathetic ways in which we lose baseball games to pathetic teams. The more it mounts, the more fun it is. At this point I'd really like to see us finish below last year's record! That will be hard, but maybe somebody would actually get fired who deserves it.

Having said all this, I'll go to my last game of the season against the Cards in a couple weeks and I'll be cheering hard for my Pirates while I'm at the game.

But when I'm not there, it's fun to see them lose.

No comments: