Thursday, March 29, 2007

Joe's Intro

Hi. This is Joe. I am a 22 year old senior at Muskingum College in Ohio. I was born in Wheeling, WV and I am a Pittsburgh Pirates fan. The Pirates have won the World Series five times. However, if we have three more straight losing seasons, the Pirates will wrongly be thought of as Baseball's losingest franchise, historically. We must do everything in our power to stop this.

I hate the Cubs. The Cubs are a richer, more popular, yet inferior version of the Pirates. Last year, they were the only sixth place team in Major League Baseball. With any luck, that will continue.

Of course, I hate the Yankees like everyone else. I think the Red Sox are like the whiney, weaker younger brother of the Yankees.

The Pirate's best player who shares my last name is Dock Ellis, who, in 1974, attempted to hit every batter in the Cincinnati Reds lineup. He also threw a no-hitter while on LSD.

I feel that Fenway Park and Wrigley Field suck. They should build nicer stadiums.

I don't complain about baseball needing a salary cap because the Pirate ownership and front-office are too inept for it to matter.

Once the Pirates are 10+ games back in the division, I can't guarentee that I'll be motivated to post. But until that day in late April comes, I'll be here!

1 comment:

birdsonabat said...

Wow, I can learn a lot going back to read these old posts. Good for some reference.

Well put on the teams you like and dislike...I feel pretty similarly about the Yanks and Red Sox, but especially the Cubs. Here in central Illinois there is a pretty good Cub-Cardinal rivalry and it gets old hearing the most unintelligent fans in the game talk about how great it is to spill beer on each other and talk on their cell phones in Chicago's biggest bar.

Sweet facts about Doc. I appreciate the "characters" of the game. Rube Waddell has to be one of the greatest of those. Also a former Pirate.