Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Losing

I have to be honest. It's difficult for me to post when the Phillies are losing. I stop watching Sportscenter and Baseball Tonight. I can't go to ESPN.com or Delaware Online b/c I don't want to see articles about a single Phillies' loss... much less a streak of losses. I live in denial.

Brett Myers got demoted to the minors yesterday... though... they're saying that it's not a demotion. It's a way for him to get his fastball back to normal without the pressure of needing to win. And it's so he can reboost his confidence. He'll apparently be back in a few starts and the guy they pulled up from the minors to replace him will go back down.

It's a wonder they never sent Adam Eaton down to the minors.

I'm not really sure what's wrong with the Phils right now. Myers not pitching well is certainly part of it. But something weird happened with them during all the interleague play. It's rather distressing. Still in first place... but barely.

They're a good team. So I'm fairly certain that they'll pull it together and be back to their normal form soon. Well... at least I hope they will.

No comments: