Thursday, September 20, 2007

Magic Numbers

So, in my office, I have on the bulliton board a "MAGIC NUMBERS" Section.
It has the Red Sox's magic number for a playoff spot, the AL East, and the Patriots' for the AFC East.

All I can say is I'm very thankful the Tigers keep losing. That's the only reason any of those numbers change on a day to day basis. The Patriots can change at most three times a week but mostly just once a week. The Red Sox suck so they lose nightly. The Yankees no longer suck so they win nightly.

The Red Sox are gonna back their way into the playoffs. They probably won't win the division. It doesn't seem like they care. Bucholtz was pulled after allowing 1 earned run over 4 and 2/3 innings. They only pitched him to set the post season rotation up. They've shaved 2 games off their AL East Magic number this past week, and they're already worried about post season rotation.

All I'm saying is it's a real good thing the Tigers keep losing. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the only way the Red Sox make the playoffs this year. Three Tiger losses.

No comments: