Friday, September 14, 2007

I Missed My Chance

Well, now that I am getting around to writing it is painfully obvious that the Cardinals will not be appearing in the postseason this year. I have said that many times during this season, but after the Cards climbed to within a game around a week ago I was actually hopeful that they could pull it off. That may have been foolish, but there was real hope and reason to believe. I should have been writing about that back then...I missed my chance.

Now all I can do is lament the fact that I got my hopes up for awhile. And state for the record that I have been rooting for the Brewers most of the year to win the Central. Not that I was rooting for them over St. Louis...I have just not felt confident that the Cards could really win it and I KNOW I can't stand the Scrubbies winning it. So, knowing that the most likely scenario for the Cubs not winning the division is for Milwaukee to win it, I have rooted for them to win. Friends tried to point out that we need the Brewers to lose to gain ground on them and get to first place, but when you have given up on your team actually being good enough to be in first place, well...it changes the situation. So, I am hoping for the "Brew Crew" to play well and the Cards to give them some help this weekend against Chicago. But I just can't see STL pulling off a miracle and winning the division.

No comments: