Wednesday, August 29, 2007

And I think it's gonna be a long long time....

The Rocket will face the Boston Red Sox tonight for the first time since Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS. Josh Beckett, who came real close to wearing 21 for Boston, will pitch for the Bo-Sox. The Sox have a 7 game lead, but it's still a big game. I really want Roger to get his butt kicked in this one. Just to give him an idea of what he's missing out on.

I don't think I've watched him pitch at all this year. It's weird. It kinda feels like he never left New York to tell you the truth. He spent the better part of his first five years claiming he was a true Yankee and how he'd spent as much time there as Reggie Jackson. I guess I'm forced to agree with him. Give him what he wants. Put the interlocking NY on his Cooperstown plaque. It's who he really is. For all I care, don't even put "Boston 1984-1996" on his plaque. Definitely don't hang up a red 21 above the rightfield grandstand. Not unless its for Tex Hughson.

No comments: